What started off as just a technical experiment with different fabrics to use in the next piece of work ended up a little more complex. The patterns I had cut out were simple paisley shapes that originated from Indian motif 'both' - tear. I then started using cursive text as pattern. I felt like I was an entomologist pinning out insects. I think the pinning out took as long as the embroidering. It will be interesting once the pins are removed. But just at this moment I was pretty excited has they appear to have held together.
I need to now play around working with white on black or white on white.